Prep 5 mins
Cook 12 mins
This sounds like a nice way to use up all those extra zucchinis and tomatoes that so many people have from their gardens in the summer. I found this recipe in the August 2008 copy of BBC Good Food Magazine.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large zucchini, chopped into chunks
- 7 ounces cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 eggs
- 5 fresh basil leaves, to serve
- Heat the oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Add the zucchinis and fry for 5 minutes, stirring every so often until they start to soften.
- Add the tomatoes and garlic, then cook for a few minutes more.
- Stir in a little seasoning, then make two gaps in the mix and crack in the eggs.
- Cover the pan with a lid or a sheet of foil, then cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the eggs are done to your liking.
- Scatter over a few basil leaves and serve with crusty bread.
This was great and we enjoyed this immensely. The vegetables and herbs work very well with the eggs. I used 6 eggs instead of 2 to make this a filling brunch for three people (2 eggs each).
I cut the zuchinni up in small pieces and used cherry tomatoes from the garden. I scaled this down for one and really enjoyed it! Thanks Sarah!
A nice quick super for DH and me. I did not have cherry tomatoes but I did have a fresh from the garden tomato that worked very well. This was served as suggested with some crusty sourdough bread. Made for the October 2008 Aussie Swap.