Uses storecupboard ingredients. Most of the time I find I have the stuff to make this anyway. Satisfies my takeaway cravings without the guilt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan that has a lid.
- 2Fry the garlic and curry paste over a medium heat for 1 minute, until it smells toasty.
- 3Tip the rice into the pan with the stock, chickpeas and raisins and stir with a fork to stop the rice from clumping.
- 4Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bring to the boil.
- 5Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- 6Squeeze the excess water from the spinach with your hands.
- 7Tip it into the pan along with 2 tbsp of hot water and fluff up the rice with a fork, making sure the spinach is mixed in well.
- 8Toss in the cashews.
- 9Serve drizzled with natural yogurt if you like.
Browse Our Top Rice Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Pan Spicy Rice
Serving Size: 1 (229 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 474.8
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 391.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
medium curry paste