Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Uses storecupboard ingredients. Most of the time I find I have the stuff to make this anyway. Satisfies my takeaway cravings without the guilt.
- Heat the oil in a large nonstick pan that has a lid.
- Fry the garlic and curry paste over a medium heat for 1 minute, until it smells toasty.
- Tip the rice into the pan with the stock, chickpeas and raisins and stir with a fork to stop the rice from clumping.
- Season with salt and pepper, then cover and bring to the boil.
- Reduce to a medium heat and cook for 12-15 minutes or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is tender.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach with your hands.
- Tip it into the pan along with 2 tbsp of hot water and fluff up the rice with a fork, making sure the spinach is mixed in well.
- Toss in the cashews.
- Serve drizzled with natural yogurt if you like.