Recipe by w_brock
This recipe only takes one pan and about half an hour to make. It tastes great as leftovers too. If you like your food spicier, feel free to add another jalepeno or two. The two jalepenos do not make this recipe spicy but do impart a lot of flavor. I made this one night with a regular green pepper and just wasn't the same. If you like your rice fluffier, make sure you rinse it first, we like ours a little sticky. This is a favorite weeknight meal at our house, there are always fights over who gets the leftovers for lunch. It is also gluten free. I hope you enjoy it.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 lb ground beef
- 14 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 cups white rice (brown can be used but lengthen cooking time)
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Heat oil and saute onion for about 3 minutes Add jalepenos and saute another 3-4 minutes Add garlic for the last minute or so.
- 2. Add ground beef to pan and brown.
- 3. Add tomato sauce, salt, beef broth & rice. Stir until evenly distributed.
- 4. Cover and bring to a boil.
- 5. Reduce heat and continue simmering for about 20 mins, or until rice is cooked though.