Recipe by LibbyAnne
This is one of those quick and easy dinners for any night of the week. My husband requests this one quite often.
Top Review by Two Socks
I cannot believe this hasn't been reviewed yet! I made this for dinner tonight when I really didn't feel like going to a lot of work, and both my wife and I loved it! I made it exactly as written with no changes at all. There is a lot of sauce left in the pan, and I was really wishing I had some real Parmesan to thicken it a bit. I think there's also a lot of room here for other additions such as bell peppers or mushrooms, or maybe even some wilted spinach tossed in at the very end. This recipe goes into my tried and true collection and will be made often. Served with homemade French bread and a simple Caesar salad. Thanks for sharing.
- 1 lb hot Italian sausage
- 1 tablespoon roasted garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 cup onion, diced
- 1 (9 ounce) package refrigerated cheese tortellini
- 1 (26 ounce) jar tomato and basil pasta sauce (I use Bertolli)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt (or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place onions, garlic and olive oil in large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Squeeze sausage from casing into pan.
- Cook until meat is brown and no pink remains (about 10 minutes), stirring frequently and breaking meat up as it cooks.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil and cook 12 minutes, stirring occasionally, until pasta is tender and sauce thickens.