Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is an adaptation of a recipe I found on the back of a box of bisquick. I changed a few of the ingredients and was wonderfully pleased with the result. You could replace the sausage with ground turkey or ground beef if you desire but if you need a one dish recipe andwant something different than spaghetti give it a try.
- 1 lb turkey sausage
- 1 1⁄3 cups Bisquick
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning or 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 cup spaghetti sauce
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- Pre heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cook sausage (or ground turkey or beef if you prefer) until done on medium heat.
- Remove sausage to a plate to cool.
- Add onions to the pan and slowly took to caramelize
- Once sausage has cooled dice the meat.
- Remove onions from pan,return meat to the pan adding 1 cup sauce,stir just til heated.
- Mix together the bisquick,water,eggs,garlic powder and italian seasoning and spread in a 8x8 casserole pan that has been sprayed with non stick spray (the batter will be thin,just make sure there are no holes in batter).
- sprinkle batter with half the parmesan cheese.
- Layer the carmelized onions next.
- Spread the sausauge/sauce mix on top an sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake 23-25 minutes or until edges are light golden brown.