Recipe by Leslie in Texas
This recipe was in a brochure we received with an order from the New Branfels Smokehouse. It's great with eggs for breakfast or with a side salad for lunch or dinner. If desired, slices of cheese may be melted over the sausage and potatoes at the end. Just cover the pan with a lid and wait until the cheese melts. Please make sure that you use a good quality smoked sausage for maximum enjoyment!
- 1⁄2 lb smoked sausage
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1⁄2 lbs red potatoes, sliced with the skins on
- 1 cup scallion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Lightly sauté the sausage in 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium heat.
- Remove from skillet and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Heat the rest of the oil over medium high heat in the skillet; sauté potatoes and scallions until tender and lightly brown, stirring to prevent sticking.
- Return sausage to skillet; add seasonings and toss to combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.