Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
For an easy side dish to complement a spring roast, just cook this recipe without the salmon.
- 396.89 g new potatoes, halved if large
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 8 asparagus spears, trimmed and halved
- 198.44 g cherry tomatoes
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar
- 2 salmon fillets, about 5oz each
- 10 basil leaves, torn
- Heat oven to 425°F Tip the potatoes and 1 tbsp of olive oil into an ovenproof dish, then roast the potatoes for 20 mins until starting to brown. Toss the asparagus in with the potatoes, then return to the oven for 15 minutes
- Throw in the cherry tomatoes and vinegar and nestle the salmon amongst the vegetables. Drizzle with the remaining oil and return to the oven for a final 10-15 mins until the salmon is cooked.
- Scatter over the basil leaves and serve everything scooped straight from the dish.
It was a good start but it need some spices for me.
This was absolutely delicious but I think next time, I will add the asparagus towards the end of the cooking time. By the time I took the finished dish out of the oven, the asparagus bore little resemblance to what it did when I put it in.