Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another from Mom's recipe box, from the 2/10/87 issue of Woman's Day.
- 3⁄4 cup flour
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 350°.
- Put flour, sugar, cocoa, salt, and pecans into ungreased 8-inch square baking pan. Stir with a fork until blended.
- Add oil and eggs; stir to mix well.
- With rubber spatula, scrape any ingredients clinging to sides, corners, and bottom of pan into batter.
- Bake 15 minutes or until top feels firm.
- Sprinkle with marshmallows and return to oven. Bake 5 minutes longer or until marshmallows have softened.
- Cool in pan on rack; cut into 16 bars.
Congratulations on your 2010 Week 8 Football win! These are so easy and the taste is fantastic. I really enjoyed the ease of making them and the family LOVED them!
It's a great dessert easy to do in almost less than 30 minutes. I had to use walnuts cause I didn't have pecans. It's still great. But I'm sure it would be better with pecans. Which I'll try next time. It's easy to eat more than a square LOL Thanks Elaine :) Made for your win at I recommend tag game
This deserves 5 stars for ease of making and it tastes great too! It is true to it's name. It is an ooey gooey, chocolatey, nutty, marshmallowy delight. I followed the recipe exactly with to problems. It was a little hard to get out of the pan though...kinda scoopable.