Helping Hands's Note:
My husband came across this recipe in Men's Health magazine and asked me to make this. We just had this tonight for the first time, and we loved it! We appreciated its simplicity, its uniqueness, and the fact that it is a well-balanced dish - lean protein, veggies, beans, and whole grains - all in one pan (or almost all in one pan)! It has a wonderful flavor - that lovely sweet and spicy blend that is a mainstay of Indian/Moroccan food. I also loved that this was ready in under 30 minutes. Yummylicious!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 large zucchini, cut into cubes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon cilantro
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2-1 cup chicken broth
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cooked whole grain rice or cooked couscous
- 1Heat oil in large saute pan or electric skillet.
- 2Sprinkle chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- 3Place thighs in pan and brown on each side (2-3 minutes per side).
- 4Add the zucchini, stir and saute, until tender and lightly browned.
- 5Add the garbanzo beans (drained), diced tomatoes, and chicken broth.
- 6Sprinkle all with cumin, cayenne, and cinnamon.
- 7Turn the heat to low, and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes, until the chicken is tender and cooked through.
- 8Season with salt and pepper.
- 9Sprinkle with cilantro.
- 10Serve with whole grain rice or cooked couscous.
- 11NOTE: If you decide to serve this with cooked couscous, it tastes extra special with 2 tbs raisins, 2 tbs pine nuts, and some additional cilantro mixed in with the couscous.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Pan Moroccan Stewed Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (444 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 667.7
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.2 g
- Cholesterol 188.8 mg
- Sodium 1529.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 61.0 g