Recipe by mandabears
This is a recipe from a Facebook posting that I make every week. Easy and delicious. I usually double recipe.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1⁄2 large yellow onion, sliced
- 0.5 (14 ounce) can cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces water or 4 ounces chicken broth
- 0.5 (15 ounce) cancan chickpeas, drained
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced
- 1 tablespoon harissa
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
Directions See How It's Made
- Season the chicken with black pepper and ground cumin.
- In a large skillet sprayed with olive oil cooking over medium heat with sliced onion.
- Cook until chicken breasts are lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Add the cherry tomatoes, water or broth, chickpeas, harissa and zucchini.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally until chicken is done and sauce is thickened.
- I serve this with steamed couscous.