Recipe by Lorac
Meatloaf, surrounded by seasoned potatoes, onions and carrots baked in the same pan.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
My husband liked this a lot but I think the meatloaf needed some ketchup for some more zing. I loved the "one pot" nature to it but next time I'll add some onion soup mix & ketchup for some more zing. I also had to add some more breadcrumbs since it was too moist. Thank you so much.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup Heinz 57 steak sauce (or 1/4 cup ketchup mixed with 2 tsps Worchestershire sauce)
- 1⁄3 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- black pepper
- 3 medium baking potatoes, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 medium onions, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 3 carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 inch thick
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease the bottom of a 13x9x2 inch baking pan.
- Combine beef, milk, egg, steak sauce, bread crumbs, salt and pepper and shape into a loaf in the center of the baking pan.
- Combine the parsley, salt and pepper.
- Add the vegetables in layers around the loaf, sprinkling each layer with the parsley mixture.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 1 hour or until vegetables are tender.
- Uncover and bake another 10 minutes to brown the meatloaf.