Recipe by Karen From Colorado
This is a cheap and easy meal to make when you only have a couple potatoes and a pound of ground beef to work with. Serve up with a veggie and dinner is done.
Top Review by yooper
This is the result of the "Let's Cook Karen" thread! Being very low on funds, I thought this was the perfect recipe to review, and believe me it didn't dissapoint! It's pure comfort food on a very limited budget! I wouldn't change a thing Karen! The soup and hamburger and gravy stands in for a meal that says "homemade." Thanks for posting!
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large potatoes, shredded
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together all of the ingredients except soup and milk.
- Flatten into 6 patties.
- Fry in a bit of oil until outside is browned.
- Mix together the 2 cans of soup with one of the cans of milk.
- Pour soup over meat and potato patties.
- Simmer until meat is cooked through.
- For a different flavor, add 1/4 shredded or finely chopped bell pepper.