Recipe by shelbyrose
Baked with a crispy cracker topping and so easy, a real family pleaser. The beauty of it is....it's all done in one pan! From Kraft Foods.
- 2 (7 1/4 ounce) packages macaroni & cheese dinner mix
- 4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine, cut up
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 24 Ritz crackers, crushed (about 1 cup crumbs)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray a 13x9 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Place macaroni noodles in prepared pan and stir in boiling water.
- Cover pan with foil and bake 15 minutes, stirring after 7 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and carefully remove foil cover.
- Stir in cheese sauce mix, milk and butter.
- Sprinkle over top the shredded cheddar and then the cracker crumbs.
- Bake, uncovered, an additional 5-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and crackers begin to lightly brown.