Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This makes for a quick and tasty weekday meal.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked (spiral or bow tie)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced or 1 cup frozen sliced zucchini
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Brown the meat in a large skillet with the garlic and onion; drain. Return to skillet.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid, the broth and the water; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- When boiling add to the pan the pasta, zucchini and chopped pepper; mix well. Cover. Reduce the heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Then stir in tomato paste, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste until well blended. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.
Dish certaily was easy to prepare but family all agreed that it was bland.