- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can beef broth
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 cups pasta, uncooked (spiral or bow tie)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced or 1 cup frozen sliced zucchini
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon italian seasoning
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown the meat in a large skillet with the garlic and onion; drain. Return to skillet.
- Add the tomatoes with their liquid, the broth and the water; mix well. Bring to a boil.
- When boiling add to the pan the pasta, zucchini and chopped pepper; mix well. Cover. Reduce the heat to medium; simmer 15 minutes or until pasta is tender.
- Then stir in tomato paste, Italian seasoning and salt and pepper to taste until well blended. Sprinkle with cheese and serve.