Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Juicy, herbed chicken and veggies served over seasoned croutons. Quick family meal for weekday nights while still getting those servings of vegetables. My mom gave me this recipe, good for you but also good comfort food. Easy clean up because you only use one pan!
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes frozen vegetables and pasta (Birds Eye Veggies and Shells in Garlic Butter Sauce)
- 0.75 (14 5/8 ounce) can chicken broth (I use lower sodium)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup flour seasoned with garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- seasoned croutons
- Cut chicken into small strips or big bite size pieces.
- Mix flour and seasoning * (I use garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, black pepper) in a plastic bag (heavy on the seasoning). *Or you could season chicken with spices and then coat in flour (without seasoning).
- Coat chicken pieces with flour and then brown lightly in butter and oil.
- Add Birds Eye veggies and shells, chicken broth (you can add more if it looks dry), sprinkle with basil.
- Bring to a full boil, separating veggies with fork and stirring often.
- Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
- Let thicken.
- Serve over croutons!
- Even though I have never tried it, I'm sure you could serve over rice as well.