Juicy, herbed chicken and veggies served over seasoned croutons. Quick family meal for weekday nights while still getting those servings of vegetables. My mom gave me this recipe, good for you but also good comfort food. Easy clean up because you only use one pan!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 chicken breasts (boneless, skinless)
- 2 (12 ounce) boxes frozen vegetables and pasta (Birds Eye Veggies and Shells in Garlic Butter Sauce)
- 0.75 (14 5/8 ounce) can chicken broth (I use lower sodium)
- 1 -1 1/2 cup flour seasoned with garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, black pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons low-fat margarine
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- seasoned croutons
- 1Cut chicken into small strips or big bite size pieces.
- 2Mix flour and seasoning * (I use garlic powder, seasoned salt, onion powder, black pepper) in a plastic bag (heavy on the seasoning). *Or you could season chicken with spices and then coat in flour (without seasoning).
- 3Coat chicken pieces with flour and then brown lightly in butter and oil.
- 4Add Birds Eye veggies and shells, chicken broth (you can add more if it looks dry), sprinkle with basil.
- 5Bring to a full boil, separating veggies with fork and stirring often.
- 6Reduce heat, cover, simmer for 5 minutes.
- 7Let thicken.
- 8Serve over croutons!
- 9Even though I have never tried it, I'm sure you could serve over rice as well.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Pan Creamy Chicken and Veggie Skillet
Serving Size: 1 (163 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.0
- Calories from Fat 206
- Total Fat 22.9 g
- Saturated Fat 8.8 g
- Cholesterol 92.5 mg
- Sodium 421.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 30.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
frozen vegetables and pasta