Recipe by Bergy
This is a winner! Bring the pan right from the oven to the table so they hear the sizzle. MMMMmm they'll say
Top Review by Barb G.
Oh, Bergy this is simply Delicious. I was so glad I ran onto you recipe. We use to go to a restaurant in the Bay Area that served Apple pancakes like this. I made them this morning for Breakfast, YUMMMMMM. My DH loved it. (He said to tell you he likes Chicken feet.) Thanks for posting the great Recipe.
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 large granny smith apples, peeled,cored and thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 4 eggs, room temperature and beaten
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 2⁄3 cup 2% low-fat milk
- 1 grated lemon, rind of
- 2 tablespoons butter
- icing sugar, for dusting (Optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a skillet over medium heat and add the apple slices and lemon juice, saute 3 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the sugar& cinnamon.
- Turn up the heat and saute for 3 minutes longer or until theapples are golden but still hold their shape.
- Allow the apples to cool.
- Meanwhile heat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Mix the batter, eggs,flour, milk, lemon rind& melted 2 tbsp butter.
- Beat until the batter is very smooth.
- In a large oven proof skilet melt the remaining butter.
- Spread the apples over the bottom of the skillet.
- Pour in the batter.
- Bake in the centre of the oven for 20 minutes or until puffy& golden.
- Dust with confectioners sugar, cut into thick wedges and serve at once with Maple syrup or your choice of your favorite syrup.