Recipe by CIndytc
I have a really old Hunt's recipe book, the pages are falling out of it but this is a favorite of mine in this book. I am putting her for safe keeping in case I lose this page. The recipe calls for tomato sauce with tomato bits in it, but I never find that kind anymore. So I just use the regular tomato sauce.
- 4 pork chops (1/2 inch thick)
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper; brown in oil in 10-inch skillet. Remove chops.
- Brown onion and celery in skillet drippings; add water, sugar, salt & tomato sauce. Bring to boil. Stir in rice.
- Place chops in rice mixture; cover tightly; simmer 30 minutes.
- Add peas; cover; simmer 15 more minutes or until chops are done.