Recipe by KathyP53
This is a Nigella Lawson recipe and it is SO good. My husband absolutely loved it. Very easy.
- 1 lemon, halved
- 2 small onions, peeled and quartered
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried sage
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1 (4 lb) roasting chickens, cut into 10 pieces
- kosher salt
- 12 sweet Italian sausages
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage
Directions See How It's Made
- Squeeze lemon halves into a large resealable plastic bag.
- Cut each lemon half into 4 pieces and add to the bag along with the onions, olive oil, mustard, dried sage and Worcestershire sauce; season with pepper.
- Seal bag and squish ingredients together until well mixed.
- Add chicken pieces to the bag and coat thoroughly. Refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Let chicken stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Pour the contents of the bag into a large roasting pan.
- Turn chicken pieces skin side up and season with salt.
- Arrange sausages around chicken and sprinkle all over with fresh sage.
- Bake for 1 hour, until chicken and sausages are browned; turn sausages halfway through cooking.
- Transfer chicken, sausages, onions and lemons to a platter, drizzle with some of the pan juices and serve.