Recipe by Mooseybear
This is a long time family favorite. I am not sure where it came from, but it's a great easy meal for a weeknight dinner.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 3 lbs chicken legs
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 cups egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 medium red onion
Directions See How It's Made
- In a dutch oven, melt butter. Stir in garlic.
- Add chicken, cook over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally until chicken is light golden brown.
- Add Chicken broth and water, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Reduce heat to medium, stir in all remaining ingredients except onion.
- Cover the pot and continue to cook, until chicken and noodles are fork tender (10 to 15 minutes).
- Cut the onion into eight wedges.
- Stir in onion, cover and continue to cook for 5 minutes until onion is tender.
- Let stand 5 minutes.