Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy and sophisticated tasting dish that is cooked in and served in only one pan.
- 2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 8 ounces baby portabella mushrooms, quartered
- 1 bay leaf
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- 1⁄2 cup dry rice
- 1 (14 ounce) canpetite-cut chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 can water or 1⁄2 can chicken broth
- shake on steak seasoning (mix of salt, pepper, and other spices)
- Sprinkle chicken with steak seasoning.
- Melt butter in a large thick skillet.
- Add chicken and brown for 5 minutes.
- Add onion, garlic, mushrooms and bay leaf.
- Stir vegetables and cook for 5-10 minutes.
- Add wine.
- Allow to boil and reduce until it is almost all evaporated.
- Add rice, tomatoes and water.
- make sure all the rice is in the liquid.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
We really enjoyed this very easy and tasty dinner. I did not change a thing. I will make this again.
A good, quick dinner with lots of flavor. Next time I'd remove the chicken after pan cooking it until done, then add back to the dish when the rice was finished cooking. Thanks for sharing the recipe!
Everybody loved it.....my 18 y/o says it tastes different than what you would ever expect from chicken (I have to agree with him). Very easy to make and totally delicious!