Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
One dish wonder for a FAST dinner. Serve with a nice salad and Jello for dessert. Spice up the chicken by sprinkling with your fav herbs or spices before baking.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bone-in chicken pieces (4)
- 4 large potatoes, cut into wedges
- 1⁄4 cup zesty Italian dressing
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- PREHEAT oven to 400°F
- Place chicken and potatoes in 13x9-inch baking dish.
- POUR dressing over chicken and potatoes; sprinkle with cheese.
- BAKE 1 hour or until chicken is cooked through (180ºF).
- Sprinkle with chopped fresh parsley, if desired.
This was really a tasty dish. I thought it needed more spice though. So after baking it and tasting the chicken, I sprinkled salt, pepper, oregano and basil on the chicken breasts, and it was much more to our liking. With those adjustments, I will defnitely make this again because it's so simple to put togheter. And you end up with tender chicken breasts and a nice vegetable side dish (and a nice bit of pan juices to soften up the potatoes in place of a heavy gravy).
Very tasty! I made it with bone-in chicken breasts so it took 90 minutes, but it was worth the wait. I would say make sure you cut the potato pieces small enough. I cut mine rather large (thinking they'd get mushy after 90 minutes) and they still weren't done when the chicken was.
This was great and so easy. I use Boneless chicken because I buy it in bulk and adjusted the time accordingly.