Recipe by Caryn
A one pan recipe with minimal clean-up required. A little sister in my husband's fraternity was kind enough to share her recipe with me which I've since made dozens of times.
Top Review by Chef Treenie
Thank you for posting this! It's definitely a keeper! I had a few raw cashews on hand, from another banana bread I found on this site, that called for raw cashews. Only I have issues chewing nuts. I ground 1/3 c. in my food chopper, so I can still enjoy the nut flavor. I always lightly grease entire loaf pan, and have no problem removing from pan. An extra drop of oil won't make much difference IMO. Also, try the ground raw cashews...it's an amazing experience!
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (, about 3 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease the bottom only of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir all ingredients in pan with a fork until moistened; beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of loaf to loosen, remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- (if loaf sticks to pan, press gently on side of loaf with a knife).