Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
A one pan recipe with minimal clean-up required. A little sister in my husband's fraternity was kind enough to share her recipe with me which I've since made dozens of times.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease the bottom only of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir all ingredients in pan with a fork until moistened; beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of loaf to loosen, remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- (if loaf sticks to pan, press gently on side of loaf with a knife).
This is a wonderful, delicious, super easy to make banana bread. I added 1 cup nuts and 1/2 cups raisins. Turned out so yummy. Thank you for the recipe.
I have made numerous banana breads and have not yet found a recipe that I liked. I just baked two loaves of this bread. It smelled so good, I couldn't wait to taste it. It is the best banana bread I have ever had. One pointer, when using dark no stick pans, you should reduce the temperature by 25 degrees. With baking two loaves and the heat reduction, it only took an additional 10 minutes.
I really like Bisquick's velvety crumb so I thought I'd try the banana bread. I baked it in a 8x5 pan and it rose nice and high. It was lighter in color inside than a regular banana bread and pound cake texture. My daughter (who doesn't like reg. banana bread, but loves Bisquick blueberry muffins) said it was "good!" Thanks for posting, Caryn. Roxygirl