Prep 12 mins
Cook 1 hr
A one pan recipe with minimal clean-up required. A little sister in my husband's fraternity was kind enough to share her recipe with me which I've since made dozens of times.
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (, about 3 large)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄3 cups Bisquick baking mix
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup nuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Generously grease the bottom only of a 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Stir all ingredients in pan with a fork until moistened; beat vigorously 1 minute.
- Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Run knife around sides of loaf to loosen, remove from pan.
- Cool completely.
- (if loaf sticks to pan, press gently on side of loaf with a knife).
Thank you for posting this! It's definitely a keeper! I had a few raw cashews on hand, from another banana bread I found on this site, that called for raw cashews. Only I have issues chewing nuts. I ground 1/3 c. in my food chopper, so I can still enjoy the nut flavor. I always lightly grease entire loaf pan, and have no problem removing from pan. An extra drop of oil won't make much difference IMO. Also, try the ground raw cashews...it's an amazing experience!
This is a wonderful, delicious, super easy to make banana bread. I added 1 cup nuts and 1/2 cups raisins. Turned out so yummy. Thank you for the recipe.
I have made numerous banana breads and have not yet found a recipe that I liked. I just baked two loaves of this bread. It smelled so good, I couldn't wait to taste it. It is the best banana bread I have ever had. One pointer, when using dark no stick pans, you should reduce the temperature by 25 degrees. With baking two loaves and the heat reduction, it only took an additional 10 minutes.