Recipe by Carol G.
Simple & tasty, can't remember where I got this, maybe from the Lipton people. I'v been using it for quite sometime & it turns out great everytime.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 (3 lb) boneless chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped (or dry)
- 1 (1 7/8 ounce) box onion soup mix
Directions See How It's Made
- Place beef on top of onions in a roasting pan.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients & pour on top.
- Cover tightly, (I use aluminum foil under the lid for a good tight seal. Lay the foil on top of the pot & kind of press the lid in place then fold the foil down over the pot a little way.).
- Bake 3-4 hours @ 350 degrees.
- Removed roast & stir gravy for serving.