Recipe by little_wing
Found these in a magazine. (I think) Great for kids to make with help.
Top Review by brokenburner
These were gone within 48 hours, which must mean they're good because there were only two or three people eating them! We have a similar recipe in my family, only ours is chocolate instead of peanut butter... this went over well, though. VERY peanut buttery -- maybe because I hate measuring out gooey things like peanut butter, so I guesstimated, and I may have put in too much. I couldn't find a 12-oz box of corn flakes, so I used 8 cups. I got twenty good-sized cookies. Thanks for posting!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 (12 ounce) box corn flakes (about 8 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan, mix sugar and corn syrup and bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and blend in peanut butter.
- Add cornflakes, stirring gently to coat.
- Working quickly, drop mixture in 1/4 cup lumps, 2" apart onto countertop lined with waxed paper.
- Using fingers, shape each cookie into rounded mound as necessary.
- Let stand at room temp for 20-30 minutes to set.
- Store in airtight container at room temperature.