Recipe by Vicki Q
It's easy to see from the ingredient list why this is "one of a kind". In addition, this is flavorful with a rich variety of tastes with a great texture. A great make-ahead dish.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 lb pork sausage, sage flavored
- 1 cup carrot, grated
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 cup mushroom, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can fat-free low-sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced
- 12 cups bread cubes, seasoned
Directions See How It's Made
- In large skillet, melt 1 cup butter.
- Saute in butter until slightly tender onion, carrot, celery, pecans, mushrooms, black olives, and poultry seasoning.
- In large bowl, gently combine skillet contents with bread cubes.
- Drizzle with chicken broth.
- Place stuffing mixture in large greased glass casserole.
- Top with butter slices and cover with foil, refrigerating overnight.
- Bake at 375° covered for 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 more minutes.