Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This quick salsa can be made with either fresh or canned tomatoes, but if you're using fresh, make sure they are sweet, ripe, in-season tomatoes. If they aren't, canned tomatoes are a better choice. From America's Test Kitchen.
- 1⁄2 small jalapeno chile or 1⁄2 chipotle chile in adobo, minced
- 1⁄4 small red onion, peeled and root end removed
- 1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 2 small ripe tomatoes, each cored and cut into eighths (about 3/4 pound) or 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- Pulse all ingredients except tomatoes in food processor until minced, about five 1-second pulses, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add tomatoes and pulse until roughly chopped, about two 1-second pulses.
Delicious! I used all fresh tomatoes and just a few slices of the jalapeno. Wonderful taste and easy to make. I served this over chile rellanos. Thanks so much!