This was the "omelet" I made my brother for breakfast one morning...not enough egg, too many veggies he said, so it is more of a scramble...but a yummy scramble!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used canola)
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1/2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese (I used herb goat cheese)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash dried basil leaves (or you can use fresh)
- 1Take egg and beat until white and yolk are mixed. Add milk and water, beat. Set aside.
- 2In pan heat up oil on medium heat and carmelize the onions until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- 3Add carrots, green onion. Cook for about another 5 minutes or until carrots are soft. Add in the spinach at the last second, let it wilt. If you are using fresh basil, add the basil in here, let it wilt.
- 4Add in the egg mixture, swirl it around the pan so that the egg goes evenly over all the vegetables.
- 5Cook slowly over low-medium heat, moving the egg mixture around with a spatula ever so often so that the egg cooks. Keep the mixture spread out over the pan to keep the omelet shape. Do this for another 5 minutes.
- 6After 5 minutes or after egg and veggies are cooked, crumble up half of the goat cheese and spread over omelet. Fold half of the omelet over and serve on a plate. Take remaining goat cheese and crumble on the very top as garnish.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Man Goat Cheese Veggie Scramble
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.6
- Calories from Fat 170
- Total Fat 18.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 212.7 mg
- Sodium 312.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.6 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: