Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This was the "omelet" I made my brother for breakfast one morning...not enough egg, too many veggies he said, so it is more of a scramble...but a yummy scramble!
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 4 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon oil (I used canola)
- 1⁄4 onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup spinach, chopped
- 1 carrot, julienned
- 1⁄2 green onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon goat cheese (I used herb goat cheese)
- 1 dash salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 dash dried basil leaves (or you can use fresh)
- Take egg and beat until white and yolk are mixed. Add milk and water, beat. Set aside.
- In pan heat up oil on medium heat and carmelize the onions until they are soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Add carrots, green onion. Cook for about another 5 minutes or until carrots are soft. Add in the spinach at the last second, let it wilt. If you are using fresh basil, add the basil in here, let it wilt.
- Add in the egg mixture, swirl it around the pan so that the egg goes evenly over all the vegetables.
- Cook slowly over low-medium heat, moving the egg mixture around with a spatula ever so often so that the egg cooks. Keep the mixture spread out over the pan to keep the omelet shape. Do this for another 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes or after egg and veggies are cooked, crumble up half of the goat cheese and spread over omelet. Fold half of the omelet over and serve on a plate. Take remaining goat cheese and crumble on the very top as garnish.
I think it’s a great idea but you need to write some of the directions more clearly. You also left out when to add the spinach. When I made this recipe I decided to add more spices because I felt it would have been a bit to bland for my taste.