1/1 Photo of One Loaf White Bread
1 hr 50 mins
Tasty white bread.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix the margarine, sugar, and salt into the warm water.
- 2Stir in 1 tablespoon flour and the yeast.
- 3Wait 5 minutes; if yeast does not bubble buy new yeast.
- 4Put flour in a large bowl; stir in yeast mix.
- 5Stir thoroughly; turn onto a floured board and knead.
- 6Knead in as much of the flour as possible to make a satiny dough; if dough is sticky add more flour a tablespoon at a time.
- 7Put dough in a greased bowl and turn to coat.
- 8Cover with a clean damp towel and let rise til double.
- 9Punch down; shape into loaf and put in greased loaf pan.
- 10Let rise.
- 11Bake at 375 for 50 minutes or until bottom sounds hollow when thumped.
- 12Can also be shaped into 12 dinner rolls or 8 hamburger buns.
- 13Bake for less time if using these shapes.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Loaf White Bread
Serving Size: 1 (64 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 151.2
- Calories from Fat 20
- Total Fat 2.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 169.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 3.8 g