Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
A tasty dip, or a good appetizer. Only 1 hour cooking time.
- 1 (6 ounce) canwhite crabmeat, drained, picked
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup butter, sliced into 1 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons white wine
- Combine crabmeat, cream cheese, butter, and wine in a small slow cooker sprayed with vegetable cooking spray.
- Cover and cook on low for 1 hour and slowly, gently stir to combine all ingredients.
- Serve from cooker with chips, and crackers.
Yum, a very rich tasting dip, after the first bite, I realized a little more zip was required for our tastes so I added a few shakes of cayenne - I think some chopped green onions would go a long way as well. Very quick to throw together too. I reduced the amount of butter to 5T... but I still think it was a bit much and after the dip was heated through, it kept separating from the cream cheese which didn't look very nice. It had very nice texture and flavor, especially with the white wine - we served with frito's corn chips, which worked out very well.