Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
From Bon Appetit. Easy, easy!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 ounces smoked ham, cut in 1/2-inch cubes
- 2 cups chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon saffron, threads crumbled
- 1⁄4 teaspoon spanish hot paprika
- 3 1⁄4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups arborio rice
- 1 lb uncooked peeled and deveined large shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup pimento stuffed olive, halved
- Heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add smoked ham, onions and bell pepper, and saute until golden brown, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in saffrom and paprika, then 3 cups of broth, and rice. Bring to boil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until rice is almost tender, about 15 minutes.
- Nestle shrimp into rice, top with olives, and drizzle with 1/4 cup broth to moisten.
- Cover and cook until shrimp are just opaque in center, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with more salt and pepper.