1/5 Photos of One-Hour Chili
Rich and hearty, but with lots of veggies that have been slow-cooked so that they seem to melt into the other ingredients. Don't scoff at the Tomato Soup in the recipe - it adds wonderful body and a bit of sweetness to balance the spice. If you like it hotter, kick it up with additional hot sauce. Bammmm!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup carrot, minced
- 1/2 cup celery, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, diced
- 1 (11 ounce) can cream of tomato soup (condensed type)
- 1 (15 ounce) can dark red kidney beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can ranch style beans or 1 (15 ounce) can chili hot beans
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle beer or 1 (12 ounce) bottle water
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1/2 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce (or more)
- 1Heat oil in deep pot, add all vegetables and allow to saute slowly for 10-15 minutes, insuring that the vegetables are very soft.
- 2When vegetables are soft, add ground chuck right into the pot with the vegetables; brown and stir to break up. Cook until all pink is gone. Drain any excess fat.
- 3Add minced garlic, stir and cook another 1-2 minutes.
- 4Add all remaining ingredients. Clean out cans with a little water and add that too. Allow to simmer 30 minutes.
- 5Serve with chopped onion, cilantro, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One-Hour Chili
Serving Size: 1 (360 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 301.9
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 56.8 mg
- Sodium 606.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 1.8 g
- Protein 22.8 g