Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 12 mins
Found this in my old church's cookbook from 1975.
Make and share this One Hour Buttermilk Rolls recipe from Food.com.
- Sift and measure flour and resift with baking powder, sugar, salt and soda.
- Cut in shortening.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add buttermilk and stir into flour and knead lightly jsut as when preparing biscuits.
- roll and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and let rise for 1 hour before baking in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes.
EASY AS PIE, & almost as tasty, what with the buttermilk! A great roll for this time of year, especially when topped with a sweet potato spread or honey butter! Thanks for a nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And-a One... theme in My-3-Chefs]