Recipe by Kaykwilts
Found this in my old church's cookbook from 1975.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
EASY AS PIE, & almost as tasty, what with the buttermilk! A great roll for this time of year, especially when topped with a sweet potato spread or honey butter! Thanks for a nice keeper of a recipe! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my And-a One... theme in My-3-Chefs]
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons yeast
- 1⁄4 cup warm water
- 3⁄4 cup buttermilk
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift and measure flour and resift with baking powder, sugar, salt and soda.
- Cut in shortening.
- Dissolve yeast in warm water.
- Add buttermilk and stir into flour and knead lightly jsut as when preparing biscuits.
- roll and cut with biscuit cutter.
- Place on greased cookie sheet and let rise for 1 hour before baking in a 425 degree oven for 12 minutes.