1/8 Photos of One Hellava Chipotle Salsa
This spicy salsa was created by the Hell's Kitchen Angels for the Salsa Challenge in Zaar World Tour 5.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ripe tomato, diced for PickleLover
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped for Iewe and her houseful of garlic lovers
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped for TxGriffLover, who is an acquired taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped for our savoury friend
- 1 small chipotle chile, finely chopped for French Bunny, who is sometimes hot & spicy
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chile for Heydarl, who likes to surprise with a kick
- 1/2-1 teaspoon sugar, for Bella14Ragazza, our sweet team member
- lime juice, to taste for GaylaV, who provides a little pucker power
- salt, to taste, for Iceland, as she is sure to find salt in Iceland
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste for katew, our pepper lover
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground allspice (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- 1Put the tomatoes, garlic and cilantro in blender or food processor and process until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier salsa, just mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- 2Transfer to large bowl and add onion, adobo marinade and sugar.
- 3Add lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste, then add the cinnamon, allspice and ccumin, if using.
- 4Best when freshly made, but you may cover and chill until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Hellava Chipotle Salsa
Serving Size: 1 (107 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 38.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 9.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 1.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: