This spicy salsa was created by the Hell's Kitchen Angels for the Salsa Challenge in Zaar World Tour 5.
- 1 lb ripe tomato, diced for PickleLover
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped for Iewe and her houseful of garlic lovers
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped for TxGriffLover, who is an acquired taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped for our savoury friend
- 1 small chipotle chile, finely chopped for French Bunny, who is sometimes hot & spicy
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chile for Heydarl, who likes to surprise with a kick
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar, for Bella14Ragazza, our sweet team member
- lime juice, to taste for GaylaV, who provides a little pucker power
- salt, to taste, for Iceland, as she is sure to find salt in Iceland
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste for katew, our pepper lover
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground allspice (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- Put the tomatoes, garlic and cilantro in blender or food processor and process until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier salsa, just mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to large bowl and add onion, adobo marinade and sugar.
- Add lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste, then add the cinnamon, allspice and ccumin, if using.
- Best when freshly made, but you may cover and chill until ready to serve.
Very good salsa! Great kick. I love the smokiness the chipolte gives. Definitely keeping this one.
Oh my if you like a spicy and hot salsa then this one is for you. The chipotle chile in this recipe really makes this dish. Well done Hell's Kitchen Angels. Made for the DIning Daredevils team for ZWT5
Wow!! I'm so glad I decided to participate in this Salsa challenge, or I never would have tasted this. After reading the previous reviews, I left out the sugar (to lessen the sweetness) and gave the slightest pinch of the optional spices, which I think I will forgo next time. Wonderful, wonderful flavor and spice. I will be making this again (and it's easy too). Made for Salsa Challenge Part 2 by a Groovy GastroGnome for ZWT5.