This spicy salsa was created by the Hell's Kitchen Angels for the Salsa Challenge in Zaar World Tour 5.
- 1 lb ripe tomato, diced for PickleLover
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, finely chopped for Iewe and her houseful of garlic lovers
- 1⁄2 bunch fresh cilantro, coarsely chopped for TxGriffLover, who is an acquired taste
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped for our savoury friend
- 1 small chipotle chile, finely chopped for French Bunny, who is sometimes hot & spicy
- 1 teaspoon adobo sauce, from canned chipotle chile for Heydarl, who likes to surprise with a kick
- 1⁄2-1 teaspoon sugar, for Bella14Ragazza, our sweet team member
- lime juice, to taste for GaylaV, who provides a little pucker power
- salt, to taste, for Iceland, as she is sure to find salt in Iceland
- black pepper, freshly ground, to taste for katew, our pepper lover
- 1 pinch cinnamon (optional)
- 1 pinch ground allspice (optional)
- 1 pinch ground cumin (optional)
- Put the tomatoes, garlic and cilantro in blender or food processor and process until smooth. If you prefer a chunkier salsa, just mix ingredients together in a large bowl.
- Transfer to large bowl and add onion, adobo marinade and sugar.
- Add lime juice, salt and black pepper to taste, then add the cinnamon, allspice and ccumin, if using.
- Best when freshly made, but you may cover and chill until ready to serve.