Recipe by STARTERWIFE
Stop your searching. I have searched for years for coleslaw I really enjoyed and couldn’t understand why. Well, I finally realized I don’t like vinegar and vinegar and sugar--just a little strong for me. Yet I knew it had to have vinegar, oil and spices--I just couldn’t get the right mixture. I like this. I worked and worked and I figured if it had to have vinegar, oil and spices, then that equals Italian dressing, so this recipe was born. Please feel free to adjust to your taste.
- 1 head cabbage, minced
- 2 carrots, minced
- 1 bell pepper, minced
- 1⁄4 cup onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Shred or mince cabbage, onion, bell pepper, and carrot; set aside.
- Mix mayo celery seed, salt, pepper, Italian dressing, and honey; mix well.
- Pour over slaw mix; refrigerate for a couple hours.
- Stir and toss again (it taste totally different in couple hours than when just made due to all the juices mixing, etc). Never judge coleslaw from when first made. It doesn't taste the same as will in a couple hours.