Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
When I saw this recipe I thought it would be a cool way to get little guys to eat their eggs.
Make and share this One-Eyed Monsters recipe from Food.com.
- Spray nonstick skillet with pam.
- using a cookie cutter, cut a hole in center of bread slices.
- Place bread slices in skillet and break 1 egg into center of each one.
- Let bottom brown and flip over to brown other side. You can add cheese if you wish. Here's lookin' at you !
- ( If you like your eggs sunny side up, just pop it in the oven instead of flipping.).
This is from my childhood. My mom used to make it all the time. I spread butter on both sides of bread. Put salt and pepper on top of egg. A favorite!!
Quick and tasty, just the way I like my breakfast! I had some leftover chopped ham, so I put that on top of the uncooked egg, then added a slice of cheese over the ham after both sides of the egg were cooked. I also couldn't find my round cookie cutters, so I used my donut cutter instead. I grilled the bread cutouts with everything else, and then put the bread "donut" back on top of the egg, ham and cheese. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2013
I enjoy this recipe, with many different names, because it's simple and good too! Thanks! Made for New Kids on the Block game.