Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a take on the "Toad in a Hole" I loved as a kid.
- 12 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 slices bread
- Mix 6 eggs, milk, spices and vanilla in a bowl; set aside.
- Cut approximately a 3 inch hole in the center of each slice of bread with a biscut cutter.
- Melt butter in a large skillet or on a griddle.
- Dip the bread into the egg mixture and place on cooking surface, break an egg into the hole and fry.
- When bottom is browned, flip and brown the other side.
- Serve hot with syrup.