Recipe by zeldaz51
From the classic "Diet for a Small Planet", by Frances Moore Lappe, this quiche has reduced cholesterol and dairy fat.
- oil, for sauteing
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 -6 mushrooms, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup green vegetables, chopped (zucchini, spinach, or other)
- 1 teaspoon herbs (basil, rosemary, thyme, etc.)
- 12 ounces tofu
- 4 ounces grated muenster cheese or 4 ounces other cheese
- 1 (13 ounce) canlowfat evaporated milk
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 sesame-whole wheat pie crust (Sesame Whole Wheat Pie Crust)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Heat oil and saute vegetables and herbs until tender. Squeeze tofu with a dry towel to drain off excess moisture and cut in small chunks. Combine tofu, cheese, milk, and egg with sauteed vegetables and pour into prepared, baked crust. Bake until browned, about 45 minutes. Let cool slightly before serving.