1/2 Photos of One Egg Chocolate Cake
Perfect Pixie's Note:
I was going to make my outstanding brownies(posted) for my friends birthday but didn't have enough cocoa, then i dug out my edmonds new zealand recipe book and found this, i mixed up the soda and the baking powder but it still turned out absolutely delicious. this was in the top 20 voted by new zealanders. mine turned out an odd shape but that is due to me just stuffing the baking paper in
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 50 g butter
- 14.79 ml golden syrup
- 1 egg
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml cocoa
- 236.59 ml flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 0.19 ml vanilla essence
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 177.44 ml milk
- 1pre-heat oven to 190 degrees Celsius.
- 2grease a 20cm round cake tin and line base with baking paper.
- 3melt butter and syrup in a small saucepan.
- 4pour melted ingredients into a small bowl.
- 5add egg and sugar, beat well.
- 6sift cocoa, flour and BAKING POWDER together.
- 7fold sifted ingredients and essence into egg mixture.
- 8dissolve baking soda in milk.
- 9fold into egg mixture.
- 10pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
- 11leave in tin 5 minutes before turning out onto wire rack.
- 12when cold ice with chocolate icing.
- 13Chocolate Icing:.
- 14sift icing sugar and cocoa in a bowl, add butter, add sufficient water to mix to a spreadable consistency, flavour with essence.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Egg Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (68 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 202.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 28.8 mg
- Sodium 174.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 28.5 g
- Protein 2.3 g