Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is the very first cake I ever baked! This was my Dad's favorite and I remember he always ate it with peaches over the top. It is a very easy, tasty little cake.
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup soft shortening
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1 egg
- Sift together dry ingredients.
- Add shortening and 2/3 cup milk.
- Beat 2 minutes.
- Add 1/3 cup milk and the egg.
- Beat 2 more minutes.
- Pour into greased 9" square pan.
- Bake 30-35 minutes at 350.