Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Hearty meal; meat and potatoes in one easy dish.
- 3⁄4 cup all-purpose flour or 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 4 medium cube steaks
- black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 cups frozen steak-style French fries
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350*.
- Place flour on wax paper.
- Lightly sprinkle steaks with salt and pepper.
- Coat steaks with flour, shaking off excess.
- In large skillet quickly brown steaks on both sides in hot oil.
- Place potatoes and onion in 3-quart rectangular baking dish.
- Top with steaks.
- In small bowl stir together soup and milk.
- Pour over steak and vegetables.
- Tightly cover with foil.
- Bake about 1 hour or until steaks and onions are tender.