Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make it as mild or as spicy as you like, can also change the spices to your favourites, (oregano, marjoram, thyme etc.). Make it the taste of your preference.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 thick pork chops
- 1 cup beef broth (canned works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 carrot, julienne strips
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash ground coriander
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet or casserole over medium high heat.
- Brown chops well, remove and set aside.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add broth, wine, carrot, celery, onion and seasonings to casserole and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and arrange pork chops over all.
- Remove from stovetop, cover and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed.
Good as usual Dorothy. The brown rice was a nice change. I found it did take a little longer to cook. I needed close to 1 1/2 hrs to get the rice soft. The rice was a bigger hit than the chops though. Good recipe.