Recipe by Derf
Make it as mild or as spicy as you like, can also change the spices to your favourites, (oregano, marjoram, thyme etc.). Make it the taste of your preference.
Top Review by Tebo
Good as usual Dorothy. The brown rice was a nice change. I found it did take a little longer to cook. I needed close to 1 1/2 hrs to get the rice soft. The rice was a bigger hit than the chops though. Good recipe.
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 2 thick pork chops
- 1 cup beef broth (canned works fine)
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
- 1 carrot, julienne strips
- 2 stalks celery, julienned
- 1⁄4 chopped onion
- 1 dash ground ginger
- 1 dash ground coriander
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in an oven-proof skillet or casserole over medium high heat.
- Brown chops well, remove and set aside.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Add broth, wine, carrot, celery, onion and seasonings to casserole and bring to boil.
- Stir in rice and arrange pork chops over all.
- Remove from stovetop, cover and bake in 350°F oven for 1 hour or until liquid is absorbed.