1/4 Photos of One Dish Spicy Chicken Macaroni and Cheese ( or Ham)
Mama's Kitchen (Hope)'s Note:
Looking for something new and different? Tired of the same old thing? Try this quick and easy stove top one dish meal that uses top quality pantry items and staples and cooks in one pot! Less dishes, less time, equals a happy MAMA! This is also great with some cooked ham rather than chicken! NOTE: Instead of the box mix you can use my homemade recipe for mac and cheese Mama's Best Macaroni and Cheese Also, when using a lot of pantry items you can UP the taste and freshness level by adding some fresh ingredients like fresh parsley or other herbs, fresh cheese or even sneak in some fresh veggies like a little diced/minced celery, bell pepper, garlic or onion. Some green veggies like peas or broccoli would be a great addition here too! Consider this recipe as a spark to light your creativity!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Spray large skillet with cooking spray and saute chicken on medium-high heat for about 5 minute or until cooked through.
- 2Drain liquid from tomatoes into a 2 cup liquid measuring cup and add enough hot water to measure 1-3/4 cups.
- 3Add macaroni, tomatoes and the tomato liquid mixture to the pan and mix well.
- 4Bring to boil and reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer 9 to 10 minute or until macaroni is tender.
- 5Remove from heat and stir in cheese sauce from mac and cheese package and sour cream until well blended.
- 6Sprinkle with shredded cheese on top and cover.
- 7Let stand 1 to 2 minute or until cheese is melted.
- 8TIP: Reduced fat items can be used but I don't recommend nonfat.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for One Dish Spicy Chicken Macaroni and Cheese ( or Ham)
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 571.0
- Calories from Fat 138
- Total Fat 15.3 g
- Saturated Fat 8.6 g
- Cholesterol 105.3 mg
- Sodium 1148.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 62.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 8.6 g
- Protein 45.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
macaroni shells and cheese