Recipe by Gunnerbun
This is an easy dinner! The flavors blend nicely. While this is a veggie recipe, 2 c. diced, cooked chicken could easily be added.
- 10 corn tortillas
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes with jalapeno peppers
- 1 whole green chili pepper, cut into strips (1 or 2 cans diced green chiles will work just fine)
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bunch fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 cups shredded colby-monterey jack cheese or 2 cups cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Pour a small amount of olive oil on the bottom of a 9 x 13" pan.
- Cover with 4 corn tortillas.
- Cut the remaining tortillas into strips and set aside.
- Pour everything else on top of the 4 bottom tortillas.
- Top with the strips of tortillas.
- Sprinkle cheese across the top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees.
- I'm excited to hear the variations you all come up with!