Recipe by southern chef in louisiana
This is great for busy families. This can simmer while other chores are being done. Serve with a bread and you have supper ready in one pot.
Top Review by Shari2
This was so easy to make and smelled good while cooking. It was a nice dinner all in one pan. I did find though that I had to cook it longer than 50 mins for the potatoes and carrots but than may have been because I had them maybe bigger than what they should have been. I made a gravy from the broth and served it on top of everything. Very good! Thanks Recipe Fairy
- 6 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Dredge pork in flour. Heat oil in large skillet. Brown the pork chops on both sides.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4 inch cubes. Add to skillet along with the carrots and onion. Pour broth over all.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat cover and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes or until the pork and veggies are tender.