Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is great for busy families. This can simmer while other chores are being done. Serve with a bread and you have supper ready in one pot.
- 6 pork loin chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into 3/4 inch cubes
- 5 medium carrots, sliced 1/4 inch thick
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 3 cups beef broth
- Dredge pork in flour. Heat oil in large skillet. Brown the pork chops on both sides.
- Sprinkle with thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Peel potatoes and cut into 3/4 inch cubes. Add to skillet along with the carrots and onion. Pour broth over all.
- Bring to boil; reduce heat cover and simmer for 40 to 50 minutes or until the pork and veggies are tender.
This was so easy to make and smelled good while cooking. It was a nice dinner all in one pan. I did find though that I had to cook it longer than 50 mins for the potatoes and carrots but than may have been because I had them maybe bigger than what they should have been. I made a gravy from the broth and served it on top of everything. Very good! Thanks Recipe Fairy
Very Yummy! Pork Chops were very Tender. Tasted like I had it in the slow cooker all day! Will definately make this again!
Delicious and easy. Definately saute the onions to bring out their flavor before adding pork. Add a sprinkling of oregano and rosemary to enhance the flavor . Took only 35 minutes for mine to cook, so the pork was not dried out at all.