Recipe by littleturtle
Quick and easy comfort food. Complete meal on it's own, but garlic bread and a tossed salad make great additions.
Top Review by utawkin2me
Sorry, but I wasn't a fan. I went for convenience and time over flavor. I followed this recipe EXACTLY and it was like Spaghetti Soup. Why 19 1/2 ounces of water? I had to fish the meat, mushrooms and noodles out of the watery sauce. And I needed way more cooking time than the recipe asked for as well. I can say that after setting for a day, it was slightly better the next day--maybe the noodles had time to absorb some of the water? I won't make this again, and I recommend it only if you are in an extreme time crunch as I was.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, plus
- 19 1⁄2 ounces jars water
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces (uncooked)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Crumble ground beef into a microwave-safe casserole; add garlic salt& onion.
- Microwave on high until no longer pink (about 4 minutes); stirring once.
- Drain; stir to break meat into smaller pieces.
- Add tomato sauce, water, mushrooms, remaining seasonings and spaghetti.
- Cover with casserole lid; microwave for 10-12 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring twice.
- Let stand 5 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.