Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Quick and easy comfort food. Complete meal on it's own, but garlic bread and a tossed salad make great additions.
- 1 lb ground beef or 1 lb Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 tablespoon dried onion
- 1 (26 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce, plus
- 19 1⁄2 ounces jars water
- 4 ounces mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 lb spaghetti, broken into 2 inch pieces (uncooked)
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Crumble ground beef into a microwave-safe casserole; add garlic salt& onion.
- Microwave on high until no longer pink (about 4 minutes); stirring once.
- Drain; stir to break meat into smaller pieces.
- Add tomato sauce, water, mushrooms, remaining seasonings and spaghetti.
- Cover with casserole lid; microwave for 10-12 minutes or until spaghetti is tender, stirring twice.
- Let stand 5 minutes, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Easy peasy...loved it!
Was good. Not fantastic, but fast and I LOVE that. I hate to cook pasta, so anytime I can get away without having to boil the water & the whole 9 yards, I am happy. It was a little watery even afte microwaving for almost 20 minutes. It took that long for the spaghetti to soften up. Will use agian if in a time pinch.
Great recipe-i did not have to add more cook time,but I think, because,i did it as I would on the stove,i let the sauce and meat come to a good boil,then quickly added my pasta and covered,then I started the timing for 10 min,thanks,great recipe!