Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Quick, easy, savory and very hearty, this is truly a great main dish recipe for people on the go!!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 lb chopped chicken breast
- 1⁄2 lb Italian sausage, casings removed
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can condensed French onion soup
- 1⁄3 cup picante sauce
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1⁄2 lb cooked shrimp
- 1⁄2 cup frozen green pea
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add chicken, sausage and garlic and saute until browned. Drain fat.
- Stir in soup and sauce and heat to a boil. Finally, stir in rice, shrimp and peas. Cover skillet and simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through.