Recipe by Bradshaw Brood
I have made this recipe a few times, it's a slight variation from my mom's recipe.
Top Review by John W Wenzelburger
very good seemed like a lot of rice I used one can broth 1 cup rice 1/2 cup orza pasta did not use the cheese and real garlic I did not find it bland at all but maybe I put in more spices I tend to get carried away ....
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3 cups instant rice
- 1 (28 ounce) can green beans
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons basil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a skillet over medium high heat with melted butter, cook chicken and onions till chicken is done and onions are opaque.
- Stir in broth, undrained tomatoes, and spices. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and beans; reduce heat to low and simmer, covered for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, let stand 3 minutes.
- Add in note: I have stirred in a cup of parmesan cheese after I have removed it from the heat and let it stand for 3-5 minutes till melted. I have also sprinkled 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese on the top, then covered it and let the cheese melt. Both are good variations.