Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
You could say that the name says it all.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 1/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Brown meat and drain, reserving fat in skillet.
- Remove meat to a 2qt baking dish.
- Saute onion in reserved fat.
- Drain off fat and mix onion and meat.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour,or until the celery is tender.
- Cover dish for last half-hour of baking.
I made this for dinner last night and I really enjoyed although the rice was still a bit undercooked. My 9 yr old didnt like bc of the celery but I could omit next time. Very easy! Thanks for sharing:)
Wow... this was a greasy, salty casserole that my mother would have prepared thirty years ago. Not at all what I was expecting, although the cream soup should have been a giveaway. I wanted to like this one based on other reviews, but just could not. The gal and the daughter both shared my thoughts. It was quick and easy, but then again so is a drive thru, and I don't frequent those.
I used ground turkey and added a bit more garlic. It was simple and good!!