Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
A quick one-dish hot lunch.
- 3 small zucchini, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 4 franks, sliced crosswise
- 1 large tomatoes, cut in thin wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese or 1 cup swiss cheese, shredded (4 oz)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Cook zucchini in boiling water until tender-crisp.
- In a greased 8-inch pie pan or small casserole place a layer of zucchini, then a layer of franks and a layer of tomato wedges; sprinkle with the salt, pepper and cheese and dot with the butter.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350° 20 minutes.
An unusual, colorful, and delicious combination! Outside it's a dreary, somewhat depressing looking day. The beautiful bright colors, and fresh taste of this dish perked me right up. DS and I both loved it! Thanks for sharing this recipe. Nick's Mom
This is a surprisingly very tasty and quick dish to pull together. I made twice the amount, and it was even better the next day. One thing I did notice was the fat that cooked out of the frankfurts, so I will dry pan fry them next time to cook as much out as possible before adding to the casserole dish in the oven. This hits the spot on a cold winters day. Thanks for such a great recipe.