Recipe by Vino Girl
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
Made tonight. After waiting 10 min, it didn't rise at all.. Also, I think there was too much streusel on the top and it need another 20 min to bake. Too wet on top still. Presentation is very pretty, but with all that streusel, it didn't need any icing though. Overly sweet: but, thanks, I did enjoy making it!
- cooking spray
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 (1/4 ounce) envelopes yeast
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2⁄3 cup milk (very warm 120-130 F)
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 2 tablespoons corn oil
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 -2 tablespoon milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray a 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Mixture batter ingredients right in prepared pan.
- Let rest for 10 minutes.
- Combine cinnamon mixture in a small bowl by mixing with fork.
- Top batter evenly with cinnamon mixture, poke topping thoroughly into batter with fingers or the end of a spoon.
- Place in a COLD oven; set temperature to 350°F
- Bake 25-30 minutes, until lightly browned and firm in center.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine icing ingredients and drizzle over warm cake.